Can you believe it’s already Thanksgiving time? Where did this year go??! This time of year is so speedy. Before you know it, I’ll be wishing you a happy new year once again!
Well, it is November, so let’s get cracking on Thanksgiving! Have you started planning your menu yet? I’ve got as far as I’m making a turkey, but that’s about it. 🙂 So I thought putting together a list would help me see what I’ve done over the years. And I’m sharing my list with you in the hopes that you’ll find a few things here that you might want to make this year!
In this list, you’ll find everything from a big turkey (or a small chicken) to side dishes, desserts and what to do with those leftovers! There’s so much good stuff here, I just want to make it all!
Decisions decisions. If you had to pick 3 things to make, what would you make? Let me know in the comments below!
Ps – there might be a few more than 15 recipes mixed in here but I just want to make sure you have all the good stuff to make the best possible meal!
Happy (almost) Thanksgiving!
The 15 Best Thanksgiving Recipes
- Let’s start with the basics! Here’s How to Roast a Turkey (or if you don’t have that much time, here’s how to do it with a chicken)
- Easy Creamy Mashed Potatoes: creamy, decadent and oh so delicious! And if you want an amazing potato spin, try these French Onion Soup Potato Gratin. They’re outstanding!!
- My Gram’s Pumpkin Soup: all the flavors of fall mixed into one pot!
- Easy Apple Stuffing Loaf: a luxurious stuffing filled with all your favorite foods, baked into the perfect little loaf! And if you want a yummy spin, try this one: Cornbread Brioche Custard Stuffing!
- Classic Mac & Cheese: creamy with a slight crunch and the perfect comfort side-dish (if you’re feeding a crowd, here’s how to make a sheet pan mac and cheese version!)
- Basic Sweet Cranberry sauce: this is so super easy to make and full of flavor (and this Roasted Grape, Apple and Cranberry Sauce is a close second!)
- Sweet Cast-Iron Skillet Buttermilk Cornbread: I love a good cornbread! Try this one or try my other favorite cornbread recipe!
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Toasted Meringue: a fun twist on traditional sweet potato pie!
- Some green on the plate with this Roasted Balsamic Asparagus: Not into green beans? Try this instead!
- Brussels Sprouts with a Twist: an amazing salad mixed with dried fruit, nuts and cheese – so so good! Or just roast up some Carrots and Brussels Sprouts for an easy side dish!
- Corn Pudding: My cousins favorite – it’s super creamy and full of corn-flavor. This one is a must!
- Creamed Spinach: Basic, easy and just what you need on a busy holiday!
- The Most Amazing Pumpkin Cheesecake: Seriously, the most amazing! You have to make this unless you’re more of a traditionalist – then try this Awesome Pumpkin Pie.
- A Double-Crust or Single-Crust Apple Pie: Or, if you want another option, try one of these apple pies!
- And don’t forget… here’s an idea for what to do with your leftover Thanksgiving carcass!! Or this Turkey Dumpling Soup!