As you know, we love salmon! The girls love salmon. Even our dog likes salmon. So, we eat it every week (as evident by a sampling of my salmon recipes below). It is so easy to make, which makes it the perfect weeknight dinner. And it’s fast, so you can get all the superpowers of salmon relatively quickly.
Tonights recipe is no different. Honey + Garlic + Soy on the salmon and that’s basically it! I served this with some rice and a side of veg, but just about anything would go with it.
And if you want some other ideas for salmon recipes of mine you might like, here’s a sampling:
Questions? Lemme know!
Honey Garlic Salmon
- 1 pound salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat. Season the salmon with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the salmon skin side up in the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Remove the salmon from the pan and place on a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the water, soy sauce and honey to the pan; bring to a simmer. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon cold water. Slowly pour the cornstarch mixture into the pan and whisk to combine. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute or until sauce has just thickened.
- Return the salmon to the pan and spoon the sauce over the top. Season with salt & pepper, sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!