Salmon is a staple in our household. So much so, Amelia prefers it to most other proteins! We eat it every week and no matter how you make it, it makes a super healthy and delicious meal. I especially like this one because of all the complex flavors.
You can easily prep this meal before you go to work and simply bake the salmon, asparagus and pasta before you’re ready to eat. Any veg would work here too!
Salmon Bruschetta with Grilled Asparagus
- 1.5 pounds of salmon, cut into 4 even fillets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes, diced with seeds
- 2 shallots, chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 teaspoons lemon herb seasoning
- 1 small bunch of asparagus
- Half a box of spaghetti
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1.5 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- For the salmon, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Separately, stir the tomatoes, shallots, 1.5 tablespoons of oil, lemon juice, and seasonings in a bowl to blend.
- Place each salmon fillet on a sheet of foil to make packets. Spoon the tomato mixture over the salmon. Wrap the ends of the foil to form a spiral shape. Fold the sides of the foil over the fish and tomato mixture, covering completely; seal the packets closed. Place each foil packet on a baking sheet. Repeat until all of the salmon have been individually wrapped in foil and placed on the baking sheet. Leave room on the baking sheet for the asparagus.
- For the asparagus, break ends of asparagus off and peel any hard, woody pieces off. Drizzle with olive oil, lemon herb seasoning and salt and pepper. Lay next to salmon foil packets leaving space between each stem.
- Bake salmon and asparagus until just cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- While the salmon and asparagus are cooking, boil pasta, less 2 minutes than directed. Drain, drizzle and mix remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil over pasta and set aside.
- In the same, now empty, pot, warm milk to a simmer and whisk in flour stirring continuously. Remove from heat and add in parmesan cheese, salt & pepper. Pour over spaghetti.
- Plate everything together and enjoy!