I’ve been on a ‘need a fast dinner tonight’ kick, so I’m defaulting to some of the recipes I used to make when I worked in the corporate world, tonights included.
I used to work near in Manhattan near this really good fish store, so I’d run in when I’d leave work, grab some fish and cook it up at home with whatever veggies I had on hand. Sometimes, a pound of fish, 1 potato and a piece of broccoli din’t immediately look like enough food, but once cooked up, they fed Trevor, me, Matilda and Amelia (who really only ate the potatoes).
While I originally intended for this recipe to be cooked on the grill, it was raining… again, by the time it was ready to be cooked. So, I transferred it to a baking sheet and baked it in the oven. It came out ever so tasty, and was amazingly easy. The oven did all the work. Thank goodness!
BBQ Salmon with Sweet Potato Rounds
- 1 pound fresh salmon, any kind
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce, store-bought or homemade
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Everything but the bagel seasoning, to taste
- Preheat oven (or grill) to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet (or grill pan) with foil and place salmon on one half. Brush bbq sauce over salmon and set aside.
- Peel sweet potato and cut into 1/4-1/2 inch rounds. In a plastic or reusable bag, combine potato rounds with olive oil and seasonings. Remove from bag and place on the other half of baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until fish is flaky and potatoes are tender.
- Remove from baking sheet and serve immediately. Enjoy!