I’m wrapping up Hoboken week with my favorite place to buy fish from – Tutta Pesca. They sell fish in their downstairs retail space and you can enjoy it cooked for you upstairs in their amazing restaurant.
While they have so many dishes I love, my favorite is their simple, yet complex flavored pan-seared salmon. It’s BURSTING with the most amazing flavors and they really know how to cook fish properly. It’s served with roasted potatoes and spinach, but I had something slightly different in store for mine….
(Photo cred: Tutta Pesca)
…I channeled the lemon, artichoke and olive oil flavors from Italy and made a sunny salmon dish I couldn’t stop eating the second I took my first bite. The fish was so tender and cooked perfectly.
I loved taking you on my food adventures through Hoboken and hope you liked some (maybe all!) the dishes. Try some and let me know what you think!
PS – here’s how I made my salmon…
Pan Seared Salmon
- 1 1/4 lb. skinless boneless salmon filets, cut into 4 filets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- One jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained (reserve oil)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter or oil from artichoke hearts
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 lemon, cut into rounds
- Season salmon on each side with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add butter or oil from artichokes. Add seasoned salmon and artichokes and cook uncovered 3-4 minutes until golden brown then flip and cook other side of salmon for 2-3 minutes or until fully cooked through. In the last 2 minutes of cooking, add lemon juice to the pan. Spoon over the salmon as it cooks.
- Transfer salmon to plates, drizzle with sauce and sprinkle the pan cooked salmon with freshly chopped parsley, lemon rounds and black pepper to taste. Serve immediately Enjoy!