Tonight is the first dinner of Trader Joe’s week and it’s a super easy one – 2 minutes of prep, 3 ingredients and no hands on cooking time. The slow cooker does all the work!
I love making salsa chicken because the idea of it is so transferable – want it spicy? Use a spicy sauce instead of tomatillo and mango. Want a creamier sauce? Or a tomato based sauce? Yep, you can do that too. I decided to keep the salsa it cooks in mild and serve it with a spicy side of corn salsa. But you can serve this with any kind of side – pasta, rice, veggies, shredded in a taco, on top of a pizza…. the possibilities with this chicken are truly endless!
Slow-Cooker Salsa Chicken
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 jar Trader Joe’s tomatillo & mango salsa
- 1 jar Trader Joe’s corn & chile salsa
- Line a large slow cooker with Reynolds Wrap Slow Cooker Liners and lay chicken breasts in the bottom of slow cooker and top with tomatillo and mango salsa.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
- Once chicken is finished cooking, serve over corn and chile salsa (this is spicy!) and enjoy!