Trader Joe’s week is half over and this was a good recipe to have ready mid-week. It’s hearty but quick to make and it was a blessing since the week has been a lot to handle.
What I love about using Trader Joe’s elements is a lot of the foods are semi-prepped already: the veggies? They were already chopped and mixed together. The chicken? It came with the sauce I wanted. And the edamame? Well, we just always have that on hand since the girls think it’s a fun thing to eat. The longest part part of cooking this is the rice and the rice cooker does all the work!
This isn’t hard to make and it isn’t fancy. But it’s great to have this at home instead of going out for chinese take-out. And, I get to enjoy it in my sweats. 🙂
BBQ Chicken Teriyaki Stir-Fy with Edamame and Rice
- 1.5 cups water (or broth if you have any on hand)
- 1 cup Trader Joe’s jasmine rice, cooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or any kind of oil you have on hand)
- 1 bag Trader Joe’s frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 1 bag Trader Joe’s frozen BBQ chicken teriyaki
- 1 bag Trader Joe’s frozen edamame
- In a small rice cooker (or saucepan), bring water to a boil. Add rice, select white rice if it has the option and let cook until finished button/light turns on, about 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, add oil and warm over medium heat. Add in stir-fry vegetables tossing often and cook until tender, about 5-8 minutes. Add in bbq chicken teriyaki and cook for 5 more minutes.
- While the chicken and vegetables are cooking, microwave edamame in a large bowl for 2-3 minutes, or until all the beans are hot.
- To serve, layer the chicken and veggie mixture over the rice and serve with edamame beans on top. Enjoy!