I always find Thursday’s to be the hardest night of the week to cook. It’s the night I generally want take out because I’m exhausted from Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and I’m desperate for the weekend.
So when I meal plan on the weekends, I generally pick something easy to make on Thursday’s since I know this about myself. That’s why I picked a 2 minute prep dinner for tonight and had my slow-cooker do the rest. I’m so grateful for slow-cookers!
I ended up serving dinner tonight with some of Trader Joe’s garlic naan too, but you can easily keep it paleo by not including the naan bread! Although, garlic naan is pretty good with it. 🙂
Slow-Cooker Chicken Shawarma Thighs with Potatoes & Carrots
- 1 package premarinated Trader Joe’s chicken shawarma thighs
- 1 bag Trader Joe’s teeny-tiny potatoes, each sliced in half
- 2 extra large carrots, peeled and chopped
- Line a large slow cooker with Reynolds wrap slow cooker liners and place the chicken shawarma thighs, chopped teeny tiny potatoes and chopped carrots in the crockpot (try to chop the potatoes and carrots about the same size so they cook evenly).
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
- Once the chicken is cooked and the veggies are tender, serve all together immediately (Trader Joe’s garlic naan would be perfect to serve with this too). Enjoy!