Apple season is here! And everyone always wants to create sweet dishes with all the apples – apple cake, apple muffins, even apple sauce. But, you can make savory dishes as well!
This salmon dish uses fresh apple cider that you can get at any supermarket or apple orchard after you finish apple picking. It would even taste great with some sautéed apples on top. Yum!
Roasted Salmon with Apple Cider Glaze
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 pound fresh salmon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary or parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, add the apple cider and bring it to a light boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, stirring often with a wooden spoon. After about 25 minutes, the cider will reduce and become thick, like a syrup. Turn off the heat and immediately pour the cider glaze into a bowl to allow it to cool.
- Meanwhile, arrange the salmon, skin-side-down, on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil all over the top of the salmon and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the chopped rosemary all over the tops of the salmon. Roast until firm, about 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer salmon to serving plates and drizzle the cider glaze all over the top of the salmon. Enjoy!