Dreidel Dreidel Dreidel! It’s Hanukkah time!
Hanukkah is super early this year – 4 days after Thanksgiving to be exact. It runs on the lunar calendar which is why it always moves around and I feel like it’s just a tad too close to turkey for more liking. But, c’est la vie!
So let’s get in the holiday spirit and start making some Hanukkah-tastic foods! I have so many good ones here that I’ve made over the years that I just know you’ll love! There are starters, mains, side dishes and of course, desserts. Sweet, savory and all that good stuff, I know you’ll find something you just love! Now, for me to pick my favorite.. hmmm… decisions decisions! 🙂
PS, if you’re looking for more Hanukkah recipes, check out all my festive holiday recipes here. Let me know if you have any questions in the comments below!
10 All-Time Favorite Hanukkah Recipes
- (Vegan) Potato Latkes: Traditional, Vegan (!!) and absolutely delicious!
- Sweet Potato & Carrot Potato Pancakes: If you want a fun twist on traditional latkes, try these crispy delights!
- Roast Chicken: here is a traditional way to roast a chicken which is moist and delicious and here is another way which is a cool twist on how to roast one! Either way, you’ll love them!
- Jewish Brisket: a soft, tender cut full of flavor!
- Matzo Ball Soup: pillowy-soft balls of deliciousness nestled in a perfectly warm soup! It’s amazingly good!
- Fluffy Shredded Potato Kugel: Like a huge hash brown, only better!
- Noodle Kugel with Dried Fruit: The perfect mix of sweet and crunchy – it’s nostalgia in a pot!
- Brown Sugar Apricot Rugelach: Sweet, soft and delicious!
- Bubbe’s Challah Bread: the perfect eggy-bread for eating, dipping in soup or making any of these recipes for a yummy Hanukkah breakfast!
- Doughnuts!!! What’s better than a doughnut?! Here’s my recipe for traditional Sufganiyot (jelly doughnuts) and here’s an updated, Cinnamon-Sugar-tastic version!