Hi, food friends! Tonight’s dinner was my yummy go-to Herb Salmon and Zucchini that I make about once a week. It’s so easy to prep and doesn’t take long at all to cook. It’s a super easy, healthy weeknight meal. I usually serve it with some pasta, rice/grains or some extra veggies but tonight, I wanted something a little more.
So when I went looking through my recipe inspiration folder (it’s a blue folder I keep on my desk with recipe’s I find that look good that I want to make one day), I found a recipe for cheddar biscuits. Yum, right?
Well, I didn’t have all the ingredients so I made up a recipe using what I had and this is that recipe. They came together in just 5-minutes and took about 15 minutes to bake. So quick for bread, right?
These were truly delicious and another weeknight food I’ll be adding to my mix. What would you eat these with? Let me know in the comments below!
20-Minute Cheddar Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 stick of butter, divided
- 2/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, salt, garlic powder and cheese until just combined. Melt 1/3 cup (about 5 pats) butter and mix into the flour mixture. Mix in milk until just combined.
- Drop batter on cookie sheet in 8-9 mounds.
- Bake 10 minutes. Brush biscuits with remaining butter, melted, and bake until just brown (about 5-minutes).
- Remove from oven and enjoy immediately!