I wanted to share with you my favorite Monday night meal. We’re always super busy at the start of the week, so I like to pull fast things together, like with Chicken and Orzo Veggie Skillet.
This dinner is so super easy to make – 20 minutes is all it took. Andddd, it’s a great, well rounded, healthy meal. It has the perfect mix of protein, veg, a bit of dairy and tons of yummy flavor.
I love making this kind of dish at the start of the week because we always have leftovers which means my lunch is made on Tuesday too. That’s winning for me!
Oh, and if you don’t have these veggies on hand, mix in whatever you do have! Spinach, tomatoes, squash, anything! Let me know what you mix into yours in the comments below!
Chicken & Orzo Veggie Skillet
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 lb. chicken breast, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1-2 small zucchini’s, sliced
- 1/4 small head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 cup orzo, cooked
- 1/2 jar tomato sauce, any kind
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, to serve
- Fresh herbs, to serve
- In a large sauté/frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and sauté just until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken and sauté until almost cooked, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cauliflower and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add cooked orzo and sauce – toss until combined.
- To serve, mix in parmesan cheese and top with fresh herbs. Enjoy!