This week, I’m really feeling the Indian food. I haven’t yet found an Indian restaurant around here that really speaks to me, so I’ve been trying to learn more about how to make it myself (you can take a peak here at some of the other Indian dishes I’ve made recently). Sometimes, that means I make curry sauces. Other times, I use the store to help me. Tonight is one of those ‘the store is helping me out’ kinda nights.
To make this amazingly easy Chicken, Chickpea & Spinach Curry, I used TJ’s Malabar Style Curry Sauce. There’s a reason this sauce has a cult following. It’s the perfect mix of sweet, savory and spice. It really works well with the chicken and I imagine it would be just as good with tofu or a white fish. I found the addition of the fresh herbs and cucumbers to really compliment the sauce, too!
While I served this with rice, you could easily just have a side salad, some naan bread or some fresh steamed veggies on the side. Whatever you’re into, you’re going to love how easy and yummy this dish is to make! Let me know what you love eating it with in the comments below!
Chicken, Chickpea & Spinach Curry
- Olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 container of curry sauce (I used TJ’s Malabar Style Curry Sauce)
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 really large handfuls of spinach
- Optional, to serve: rice, cucumbers, fresh herbs
- In a large sauté/frying pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken and sauté until almost cooked, about 5-6 minutes.
- Mix in sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Add in chickpeas, then spinach and toss until spinach is just beginning to wilt.
- Remove from heat, and if desired, serve over rice and with fresh cucumbers and herbs. Enjoy!