I’m going to be honest – I don’t love pasta salad. There, I’ve said it! It’s just not my favorite thing….but, it is a great side dish for BBQ’s. So, once a year, I make some kind of pasta salad. Here are the (yearly) ones I’ve made in the past:
So this year, I went basic with just a plain Rotini pasta salad, threw in some veggies and feta and sprinkled it with some olive oil. I’ll admit, this was pretty good! I’m sure you could add a few more spices or even some fresh lemon juice to elevate this even more, but if you want just a super simple, super basic pasta salad, this is it!
What’s your favorite pasta salad? Tell me in the comments below and maybe I’ll make it for the next round of pasta salads!
Rotini Veggie Pasta Salad
- 1/2 pound Rotini pasta
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 heirloom tomato, chopped and seeded
- 1 cup black olives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh feta, chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and make according to package, drain and cool. Set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, prep. the veggies – cut the cucumber, onion, tomato and olives. Add them to the pasta and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and feta.
- Toss again to combine and serve with your favorite main dish. Enjoy!