Every weekend in the summer, we BBQ. Who wants to turn their oven on when it’s 80 degrees outside? Not me!
We tend to make a protein with one side dish, which is the perfect amount for the three of us. Last night, pasta salad won the side dish lottery!
This pasta salad has been around for a while because it has such a good zing and crunch and we just love it.
Normally it has olives in it too, but my 2 year old was being very fussy about them today. I think they add just the right balance so definitely throw them in.
Greek Pasta Salad
- 1/2 pound pasta of choice (I used a veggie pasta here)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 lemon (about 1 tablespoon), juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 beefsteak or heirloom tomato, chopped and seeded
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup fresh feta, chopped
- 1 cup olives, chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and make according to package, drain and cool. Set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, make dressing – whisk together vinegar > salt & pepper. Slowly pour over pasta, toss to combine and set aside for 20 minutes. Taste. (Note: Pasta will absorb the dressing so if you prefer a stronger flavor, double the dressing and pour second batch over pasta after 20 minutes).
- Add in cucumber, tomato, onion, feta & olives to dressed pasta. Toss to combine. Serve with your favorite main dish and enjoy!