We had a LOT of leftover cabbage from our bbq this weekend (I made Trevor’s Famous Coleslaw recipe), so this dish is a great way to use it up.
In about 15 minutes, this healthy, low-carb dinner was ready to serve. It’s buttery and crunchy and more filling than you’d think. I served it with some little dill pickles to bring out the German flavors, and it was over the top!
This is definitely getting added into our quick dinner go-to’s.
Cabbage & Chicken Sausage Dinner
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package garlic chicken sausage (5 links), chopped
- 1/2 head of green cabbage, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Season generously with salt & pepper
- Melt butter over medium heat in a cast iron skillet.
- Sautée chicken sausage until each piece is lightly golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Add in cabbage, garlic and onions and sautee until cabbage softens but still has a slight crunch, about 3-5 minutes.
- Season and serve immediately. Enjoy!