When I had Amelia, I realized quickly that one-handed foods are a must for any new mom. I really struggled with getting healthy foods in because I wasn’t able to sit down for a proper meal.
So, my cousin, Carolyn, made these egg muffins for me and I’ve been making them ever since (even though I can finally sit down again for a meal!). I make them JJ bulk and they freeze great for quick breakfasts on busy mornings.
You can use any type of milk, vegetable and/or herb in place of the ones here, so it’s very flexible and quite easy to adjust.
Mini Egg Frittatas
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup red bell peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup chives or parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and thyme in medium bowl or blender until combined.
- Add cheese and veggies and mix well.
- Pour into 12 greased muffin tins, about ¼ – ½ way full each.
- Bake until just set, about 20 – 25 min. Let cool 2-3 minutes. Remove from muffin tins and serve warm. Enjoy!