My parents were in town visiting this weekend and we did lots of cooking. We made a lightened up version of Chicken Parmesan, a Chicken & Cabbage Stir-Fry, some cakes, some pies and some Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins. I always cook a lot when they come so they get to take home leftovers and at the end of the day, everyone is happy!
Saturday’s dinner was another super easy meal that they loved (oh, and one I’d make any night of the week!). While I don’t eat much meat anymore, they all loved this dish, including my rice loving kiddos.
This dish cooks similarly to this Chicken, Artichoke and Chorizo Bake that I love making in the cooler months, but it’s even better since it’s all done in the Instant Pot. You know, one of my favorite kitchen gadgets! It just always cooks everything so perfectly! This sausage and rice dish is so super easy to make – creamy, salty and fresh all in one bite! You’re really going to love it!
Tell me, what’s your favorite rice dish? I’d love to hear in the comments below!
Easy Instant Pot Sausage & Rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- 1 pound sausage, any kind sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- On your Instant pot, press “Sauté”.
- Once it’s heated up (about a minute), add the olive oil, garlic, and onion, sautéing until they become soft.
- Add in the sausage slices, and brown for a good 1 to 2 minutes.
- Then sprinkle in the seasonings, and add the rice and chicken broth, mixing everything together.
Place the lid on your Instant Pot, set the valve to seal, and press “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” with a cook time of 5 minutes. Allow it to do a natural release (about 10 minutes).
- Once it’s released, remove the lid, and stir in the thawed peas. Put the lid back on, and allow those peas to warm for about 5 minutes. No need to turn on the pot; just let everything sit in its own warmth.
- Then stir and fluff the rice, and serve it up! Enjoy!