It’s muffin time! You all know how much I love making muffins for the girls each week so today I made a chocolate chip muffin. Hard to believe I haven’t made this combo since I’ve made so many banana muffin variations over the years. Today was the day for it!
Muffins are just so easy – they’re a good breakfast, snack-on-the-go, in the house, in a lunchbox, after school snack, you name it! They’re just so easy to make with a quick mix, pour and bake method and you can use any leftover brown bananas that you don’t know what else to do with.
They freeze great too, and you can easily double or triple the recipe!
So now the question is, what’s your favorite kind of muffin? Let me know in the comments below!
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed (very ripe) bananas, about 3 medium
- 1 large egg room temperature
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- Combine sugar, bananas, egg, oil, and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix just until combined.
- Slowly mix in chocolate chips and pour batter into prepared muffin tin and bake 18-20* minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not overbake.
- Cool 5 minutes in the pan before removing and cooling on a baking rack. Enjoy!