It’s summer summer summertime! Which means lots of bbq’ing, fresh fruits and bright flavors. I’m such a fan of incorporating sweet fruits with savory meats. It really makes everything shine just a little bit more!
Pineapple and bbq chicken are definitely a dream combination and one of my favorites! The chicken is both sweet and savory from the bbq sauce and pineapple juice and the grilled pineapple is a burst of freshness. It’s such a great dinner! I love these two together.
And, as long as you remember to marinate the chicken ahead of time, dinner is ready super quickly! Just serve it with some rice or if you’re gluten-free, just eat this as is!
Tell me, what’s your favorite savory-sweet combination? Let me know in the comments below and I’ll make it next!
Grilled Pineapple Barbecue Chicken
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, any kind
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 – 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups pineapple, sliced
- In a small bowl, mix together the barbecue sauce, pineapple juice, soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Marinate the chicken in this mixture for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
- When ready to cook, remove the chicken from the marinade. Spray the pineapple slices with cooking spray. Grill the chicken and pineapple for 4-5 minutes (depending on thickness) per side or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, pour the excess marinade into a sauce pan. Bring to a boil and let cook 4-5 minutes until slightly reduced. Serve drizzled on the chicken and pineapple. Enjoy!