Do you like your cookies to be soft on the inside but still have some bite on the outside? Then, you will absolutely love this recipe! It’s one of the best I’ve ever made in all my years of baking (and that’s a longgggg time)!
If you prefer a bit more crunch, roll small balls of dough out and flatten. If you like them softer on the inside, roll them into balls and bake as is. And if you like them with a bit of both, roll them into balls and press down on them slightly before baking.
It’s also important to refrigerate these before baking them. Chilling them helps prevent spreading and intensifies the flavor. You can even make the batter a day in advance to save some time (and cleaning up) the day you need to bake them.
The girls and I (and Trevor of course!) love to eat these right out of the oven the day they’re made. If you want to save them, I’d freeze them rather than keeping them in the cabinet or fridge. They freeze great and will keep better this way.
My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (spooned into cup, not packed)
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Stir in baking soda, flour, cream of tartar, and chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes – up to 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove batter from fridge and drop by large, even spoonfuls onto lined pans (I used silpat).
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned. Don’t overbake – they will not look done when you remove them and that’s ok! Remove from oven and leave them on pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Cool slightly and enjoy!
These are scrumptious!! 😀