There’s nothing better than a good tasting, quick cooking, healthy weeknight meal all made in one pan. It just makes life so much easier when you don’t have to think too much or clean up afterwards. Right?!? 🙂
Over the weekend, I was debating what to have for dinner. We only had a few ingredients, and I was feeling too lazy to go get more food or order out (I know, what was I thinking!?!). So I took everything out of my fridge that I had with a couple of cabinet staples and viola! Dinner! Who would have thought a head of cabbage and chicken could make such a delicious meal.
But delicious it was and we cleared.our.plates for this one! I was truly shocked everyone ate it. It’s crunchy, savory and flavorful! And when I say it’s easy, it’s so super easy. Just have everything cut ahead of time – it cooks pretty quickly! Dinner will be ready before you know it!
What’s your favorite weeknight dinner to make? Let me know in the comments below!
Simple Chicken & Cabbage Stir-Fry
- 2-3 large chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green cabbage, cored & chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and chicken. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Sauté for about 7 minutes (stirring fairly often), or until the chicken is just cooked through. Take the chicken out of the pan and set aside.
- Add the butter and onion to the pan and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the cabbage to the pan and cook for about 10-15 minutes uncovered, stirring fairly often, until the cabbage is nice and soft (or cooked to desired tenderness). The cabbage at the bottom of the pan will start to wilt after a few minutes and it will become easier to stir. The onions will also start to lightly brown and become more flavorful.
- Stir in the garlic and paprika.
- Add the chicken back in, and cook until it’s heated through, stirring fairly often. This should only take a few minutes.
- Taste and season with salt & pepper as needed (there’s a lot of cabbage so I used a fair amount of salt). Serve immediately. Enjoy!