Have you ever tried not eating carbs? I’ve done a few restrictive diets before and they’re not easy. There’s a lot of meal planning, a lot of cooking, a change in eating and drinking habits, a change in lots of habits including more exercise… it’s a lot. But, you have to start somewhere, so here we are!
So, here we are – a full week into January 2021 already and it’s already been a week! Hasn’t it? Well, at least we are doing well with our low/no carb eating and focusing more on proteins, fruits and veggies. It’s hard, but so far so good.
Tonights dinner is a yummy Quiche Lorraine – sans the crust. But here’s the thing, this uses bacon as the crust and I didn’t even miss the pastry! It was mind-blowing, in the quiche world at least. The trick here is to use really good quality ingredients – good quality cheese and eggs, a nice healthy cut of turkey bacon and freshly ground seasonings. That combination made this a winner of a dish!
What’s your favorite kind of quiche? Let me know in the comments below!
And, if you’re looking for more quiche (or frittata) recipes, check-out there:
- Broccoli & Cheese Quiche
- Crab Quiche
- Zucchini and Tomato Frittata
- Loaded Frittata
- Veggie-Packed Frittata
- Mini Egg Frittatas
Crustless Quiche Lorraine
- 6 strips turkey bacon
- 1 cup (really nice quality) cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 milk, any kind
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons green onions or chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a pie dish with oil.
- Cook the bacon: Heat a large frying pan on medium heat. Arrange strips of bacon in a single layer on the bottom of the pan. Slowly cook the bacon, turning the strips over occasionally until they are nicely browned.
- Slice the cooked bacon and evenly spread the bacon in the dish. Top it evenly with the grated cheese.
Make the custard mixture by whisking together the milk, eggs, salt, black pepper, and the nutmeg. Pour the custard into the dish and bake 35 minutes, or until the center is set.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with green onions/chives, cut the quiche into 6 pieces and serve. Enjoy!