I love the combination of bacon, potatoes, veggies and cheese in a loaded bake potato. I never really even thought about spiralizing potatoes and combining them into a frittata until recently when I saw Ali from Inspiralized create something similar for breakfast last week.
Her original recipe took all my favorite elements of a baked potato and made them breakfast friendly. I had some extra veggies and herbs laying around, so I threw them in to my frittata and had the perfect post Christmas, pre New Year’s breakfast for my whole family!
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 1 baking potato, spiralized
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Everything but the bagel seasoning
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 heaping cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Place a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook for 5 minutes, flip, and cook another 5 minutes or until crispy and cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Add the potato zoodles and seasoning to the pan with olive oil. Toss occasionally and let cook until almost cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the onion and pepper and toss occasionally for 2 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, crumble the bacon and set aside. Whisk the eggs and milk together in a medium bowl and add the bacon and cheddar cheese. Stir to combine.
- Once the vegetables are done cooking, spread them out evenly on the bottom of the skillet. Pour the egg mixture over the veggie mixture and swirl the pan until eggs cover the potatoes. Sprinkle parsley on top and cook until eggs are set 7-8 minutes. Serve immediately. Enjoy!