The other day, I was was on Instagram watching some Instastories and HalfBakedHarvest made these delicious, festive cranberry brie cinnamon puff pastry swirls and I knew that I was going to make them for the holidays this year!
They looked sweet and savory with a bit of crunch, but also soft and gooey. They scream December holidays and look super complicated to make. But here’s the secret – they’re not! Store bought puff pastry makes these insanely simple to make and they bake up in just a few minutes. You could easily swap out the dried cranberries for another dried fruit too!
These would be perfect at brunch, as an appetizer for dinner or even a sneaky dessert after everyone has gone to bed for the night. Let me know when you want to nibble some of these in the comments below!
5-Ingredient Cranberry Brie Cinnamon Puff Pastry Swirls
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 8 ounces Brie cheese, rind mostly removed and finely diced
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2-4 tablespoons cinnamon sugar, using more or less to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- Unroll the puff pastry on a clean work surface. Brush the pastry with 1 tablespoon melted butter and then sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar. Sprinkle the diced brie and cranberries evenly over the pastry.
- Starting at the long end, roll the pastry up as tightly as possible (like a cinnamon roll). Brush the roll with the remaining melted butter and then sprinkle the roll with cinnamon sugar to coat. Using a sharp knife, cut into swirls.
- Place the swirls on the prepared baking sheet and bake 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the pastry golden, these are a little messy. Allow to sit on the pan about two minutes and before transferring to a serving plate. Serve warm.Enjoy!