I love buying meat and being able to make it last for multiple meals. A few days ago, I made these Steak & Hummus Tacos and I only used half the steak in the recipe. I kept the other half until I was ready to make part 2 today and it did not disappoint!
All I had to do was cook the meat and the rest was just assembling. And, you get to eat your veggies as the taco shell without really even realizing you’re eating them. It’s a fun way for kids to eat tacos/veggies together too!
Two days of dinner for the price of one is my kind of meal!
- 1/2 pound flank steak (I bought a pound and cooked/saved the other half for other meals for the week)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 bibb lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup Trader Joe’s Cowboy Caviar (or any other kind of salsa)
- Preheat oven to medium-high heat, about 375 degrees. Once grill is preheated, season steak and place on grill. Grill each side 4-5 minutes, or until desired doneness. Remove from grill and let it rest at least 10 minutes before cutting into it. Once cooled, slice against the grain into 1-inch chunks and set aside.
- To prepare the lettuce wraps: lay out each lettuce leaf and place 3-4 pieces of steak in each leaf. Top with 1 tablespoon Cowboy Caviar and repeat with remaining wraps. Enjoy immediately!