It’s been a few weeks since I made the girls some veggie tots. I try to mix them into their diet when they’re struggling to get enough veggies in. Veggie tots are a great way to make veggies fun for them and I secretly love that they’re filled with protein too!
The veggies I mix in honestly depend on what I have to use up in the house. Today, it’s carrots and zucchini. But, anything will work here – potatoes, corn, yellow squash, anything! Try mixing up the veggies and let me know what you like in the comments below!
Carrot & Zucchini Veggie Tots
- 1 small zucchini, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Using a hand grater or food processor with grater attachment, shred zucchini. Put shredded zucchini in a towel and gently squeeze out excess liquid (you don’t need it to be completely dry). Next, shred carrots and cheese and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, almond flour, salt and pepper. Add in veggie cheese mixture and mix until just combined.
- Roll mixture into small 1-2 inch mini-patties and add to a large large frying pan, warmed with 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Cook each side 3-5 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove from heat and let cool before eating. Enjoy!