Earlier this week, I made my homemade hummus and it was amazing! Like seriously, seriously amazing! I’ve put it on everything from breakfast (Hummus, Egg & Veg Breakfast Wrap) to lunch (Green Goddess Sandwich) to dinner (Steak & Hummus Tacos). I wasn’t kidding when I said I was going to be making lots of recipes this week with hummus in them!
To round out the week, I thought I would try making a snack – a muffin none-the-less – made with…. hummus, of course! I wasn’t quite sure how these would come out but they were absolutely perfect! They are very light, like a popover, but with a savory taste like a corn muffin.
These would be perfect to eat for breakfast, as a snack, in a lunchbox or along side some ribs! That’s just a few ideas, of course… 🙂
Questions? Lemme know!
- 1/2 cup homemade hummus
- 1/3 cup milk, any kind
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 scallions, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together wet ingredients, hummus, milk, and eggs, until smooth. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, cheese, and scallions. Stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Don’t overmix.
- Grease muffin tin and spoon in the batter 3/4 of the way up. Bake muffins for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove muffins and let cool briefly before enjoying!