Sometimes, dinner calls for a sandwich. While I don’t eat sandwiches often, they’re easy and quick and usually packed full of flavor. And since we had some leftover bread and mozzarella, I put them together with a bunch of other stuff and made a sandwich.
And of course, it needed a dressing. so I added some of my homemade hummus and homemade green goddess dressing (deets below) and called it a night. I would drink green goddess dressing if that was socially acceptable, but it’s not, so I want. 🙂 On a sandwich it goes and into my belly!
Happy Wednesday! Questions? Lemme know!
Green Goddess Sandwich
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to season
- A big slice of Ciabatta bread
- 1/4 cup original hummus, homemade or store bought
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/4 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2-3 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 head of Bibb lettuce (about 2 ounces), large leaves torn
- First, make the dressing – place chives, mayonnaise and yogurt in a blender. Add zest and juice of 1 lemon half, then add 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Purée until smooth. Set aside.
- Next, assemble the sandwich – lay out slices of ciabatta bread and apply a thin layer of hummus to both sides.
- Add a layer of avocado on top of the hummus and season with salt and pepper.
- Then, put the sliced cucumbers on top of the avocado.
- Follow the cucumbers with mozzarella cheese slices, green goddess dressing (you won’t use all of it – it makes extra!) and top with bibb lettuce.
- Close sandwich and serve immediately. Enjoy!