It’s Thanksgiving time! Time to make turkey, sides and lots and lots of desserts. There are so many desserts this time of year, so it really is hard to choose which one my favorite is. While I love a good pumpkin pie, pumpkin cheesecake and apple pie, I think if I had to choose, my favorite Thanksgiving pie would be a chocolate pie!
I know, I know, I don’t love chocolate. So why would I like a chocolate pie? Well, this one is so light, and fluffy. It almost tastes like a creamy pudding with peanut butter cookies. It really is so so good.
Oh and the best part? It’s no-bake so no using up that precious oven space! I bet this pie would be good even in the summer when I don’t want to put my oven on… hmmm.. what do you think?
What’s your favorite holiday pie? Let me know in the comments below!
No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Cream Pie
Peanut Butter Crust
- 2 3/4 cups peanut butter cookies (like Nutter Butter cookies – about 25 cookies), crushed
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 1 can 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces whipped topping Cool Whip, divided
- To make the crust, finely crush the cookies in a food processor or using a rolling pin. Measure out 2 3/4 cups of cookie crumbs. Add melted butter and stir with a fork. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9″ pie plate. Chill until ready to fill.
- To make the filling, melt chocolate in a large microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments, stirring between each, until melted and smooth. Cool for 5 minutes. Stir sweetened condensed milk into cooled chocolate and stir until smooth. Add 8-ounces whipped topping to the chocolate mixture and fold it carefully so as not to break the whipped topping.
Spread chocolate mixture in prepared pie crust. Chill in fridge to set, at least 2 hours.
Top with remaining whipped topping before serving. For garnish, dust with cocoa or shave some semi-sweet chocolate on top. Enjoy!