Oh summer, I love you and your abundance of fresh tomatoes! Small ones, big ones, multicolored ones – I love them all! There really is nothing better than a fresh, juicy tomato.
When I eat tomatoes, I usually just pop them like candy. I could eat a box in a day. But every now and then, I do have to share them. 🙂 So, I like to make this super easy, super simple fresh tomato salad. It has a nice bite to it, which I love. But if that’s not your thing, half the vinegar and garlic.
I tend to eat this with a nice piece of salmon, but I’m curious… what would you serve this with? Let me know in the comments below! Happy cooking!
Fresh Tomato Salad
- 2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, toss together tomatoes, oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Let it stand 15 minutes or up to an hour before serving. Enjoy!
Original recipe can be found here.