Oh summer, I love you and your abundance of fresh tomatoes! Small ones, big ones, multicolored ones – I love them all! There really is nothing better than a fresh, juicy tomato.
When I eat tomatoes, I usually just pop them like candy. I could eat a box in a day. But every now and then, I do have to share them. 🙂 So, I like to make this super easy, super simple fresh tomato salad. It has a nice bite to it, which I love. But if that’s not your thing, half the vinegar and garlic.
I tend to eat this with a nice piece of salmon, but I’m curious… what would you serve this with? Let me know in the comments below! Happy cooking!
Fresh Tomato Salad
- 2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, toss together tomatoes, oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Let it stand 15 minutes or up to an hour before serving. Enjoy!