How is bbq season coming to an end? Well, yes, I know we’re in Florida and we can bbq most of the year but I tend to eat with the seasons. So we don’t grill as much in the Fall. Ahh, I already miss you summer!
While I’m trying to keep the summer taste-buds flowing, it can be tough, but not with tonight’s dinner! Tonight we’re having this yummy lemongrass and garlic chicken. We have an abundance of lemongrass growing in the garden right now and it makes for the most flavorful marinades. It’s super easy to mix into a in a vinaigrette and marinade just about any kind of meat. So we are definitely using it in this!
The first time I read this recipe, I thought ‘why fish sauce’? But I have since found out it adds such an amazing layer of flavor! So if you were thinking of skipping it, I would suggest just buying a small bottle of it to add to this and other dishes you love. It really makes a big flavor difference. The rest of the stuff should be pantry ingredients so nothing extra to buy.
I can’t wait for you to try this! Let me know in the comments below what you would serve it with! I can’t wait to hear. Happy cooking!
Grilled Lemongrass & Garlic Chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- About 1 pound chicken breasts, sliced thin
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate. Remove chicken from marinade; shake to remove excess. Discard remaining marinade. Cook chicken on the preheated grill until no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes before slicing. Drizzle with remaining marinade and enjoy!