Last year, Covid-19 caused lockdowns all over the world and with people at home with more time on their hands, they were looking for things to do. One thing people found a passion for was baking. Specifically, baking sourdough bread from a starter because it takes a lot of time to create the starter and then bake things from it.
While I’m a little late to the sourdough bread-baking party, I am now fully into it and make something new with my starter weekly! I don’t actually make bread that often because of how time consuming it is, but when I do, I absolutely love it! But for those of us who are extremely busy, I have some suggestions for other sourdough starter baking options that take only a small amount of time to make.
One thing I want to point out is this post will be updated weekly with new recipes so keep coming back to visit for more sourdough starter ideas and let me know if you have any questions in the meantime in the comments below!
The Best Recipes Sourdough Discard Recipes
1. Everything But the Bagel Sourdough Discard Crackers– Crunchy and super easy to make – only 3 ingredients!
2. Sourdough Chocolate Chip Cookies– Chewy, moist and super delicious way to make chocolate chip cookies!
3. Sourdough Pancakes– Full of flavor and a great freezer staple since they freeze easily!
4. Cinnamon Sourdough Mini Muffins– Cute little muffin bursting with Fall flavors!
5. Easy Flakey Sourdough Biscuits – 25 minutes is all you need to get these super easy biscuity rolls on the table! No need to wait!
6. Sourdough Bread– Don’t forget the basics! Here’s how to actually make sourdough bread!
7. Sourdough Croutons: a quick and easy recipe to use up day-old sourdough bread.
8. Soft Sourdough Pretzels: pillowy soft with a snap on the outside, these are so good! Definitely make the cheese dipping sauce for them – it’s delicious!