Ever have those moments where you know you want to bake something but you don’t know if you want a cake or a cookie? Well, now you don’t have to decide! These chocolate chip cookie bars are the perfect mix – part cake, part cookie. They have the ooey-gooey pockets tucked away in a thicker, soft cake. The edges have a slight crisp and the center is extra soft. They’re incredibly easy to bake, just mix and bake. And they’re best to eat fresh baked right out of the pan! These are so so good to make in the colder weather and freeze great, so make an extra big batch!
And, if you are looking for other sourdough discard recipe, check out all of them here! There are a LOTTT! 🙂
Sourdough Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 1 cup butter softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 cup sourdough starter (discard or fed)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 3 cups chocolate chips divided
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9×13 pan with parchment or grease pan and set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream together butter and sugars.
- Add sourdough starter, eggs, and vanilla, mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture to butter sugar mixture and combine well.
- Add oats, mixing on low until just combined. Add 2 cups chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Spread mixture in pan and sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Bake for 20-35 minutes, until just baked.
- Allow to cool, slice, and serve! Enjoy!