Each week, I try to make a new sourdough recipe with the discard if I’m not making bread. Bread takes a long time to make, so I wanted to make easier but still tasty recipes.
Over the past couple of weeks, I’ve made Cinnamon Sourdough Mini Muffins and Sourdough Pancakes. This week, I wanted something extra simple so I opted for a simple cracker. Just mix it with butter, season and bake. Out comes perfectly crunchy, perfectly delicious crackers! I’m such a fan of these!
And if you spread just a little salted butter on top of these, they’re really decadent. Or at least my kind of decadent! 🙂
Tell me, what’s your favorite way to use your sourdough discard? Let me know in the comments below and I’ll make it next week! Happy baking!
Everything But the Bagel Sourdough Crackers
- 1 cup sourdough discard
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon everything but the bagel seasoning
- Combine the sourdough discard with the melted butter until well combined.
- On a parchment lined sheet pan, use a spatula to spread out the mixture evenly.
- Sprinkle on the everything but the bagel seasoning and bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove the sheet pan and lightly score the mixture so you can easily break it into crackers later. I chose to score mine into 24 small pieces. You can score it into larger 12 pieces or whatever amount you’d prefer.
- Place it back in the oven and bake for another 25-30 minutes or until golden, keeping an eye on it to ensure nothing burns.
- When done, let it cool until it’s cool to touch then break up the crackers into the squares you scored earlier. Enjoy!
Original recipe can be found here.