Happy Monday! I love waking up on Monday’s knowing I have a full week of opportunity ahead of me. Anyone else? No, well to be honest, I’m not always that excited about Monday’s but this week I am because I have lots of fun stuff in store! 🙂
First up is this super easy Chicken Sauce with a Peanut Dipping Sauce. I love this recipe!! It’s so easy and so good and the best part is I can marinade the chicken the night before making dinner come together in about 15 minutes flat! Don’t be turned off by the marinating time. This really easy a super easy meal.
The marinade is made up off so many delicious and complex flavors. There’s saltiness, sweetness, creaminess and spice and once it’s all cooked up on the chicken, it has the nicest of flavors.
To make it even better is the peanut dipping sauce which I’m pretty sure I could eat on its own with a spoon. It’s seriously that good! I like the added peanut crunch of crunchy peanut butter in here, but creamy works too if you want it to be smoother. Whichever way you prefer, you won’t be disappointed!
Let me know what you would serve this with in the comments below! I’m feeling the Jasmine rice tonight! 🙂 🙂 🙂 Have a great week!
Chicken Satay with a Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the Peanut Sauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter – creamy or chunky
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce, or more, to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut milk, soy sauce, curry powder, turmeric, garlic, ginger, brown sugar and fish sauce. In a large bowl, combine chicken and coconut milk mixture; marinate for at least 2 hours to overnight, turning the bag occasionally.
- Drain the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Thread chicken onto skewers. Brush with canola oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add skewers to grill, and cook, turning occasionally, until the chicken is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 12-15 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, making the peanut sauce – whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, chili garlic sauce and ginger in a small bowl. Whisk in 2-3 tablespoons water until desired consistency is reached; set aside.
- Serve immediately with peanut sauce. Enjoy!