Do you have stale bagels hanging around in your kitchen that you forgot about? I never seem to be able to eat them fast enough and I don’t like them once they’ve been frozen. So, what do you do?
Well, I’ll tell you – don’t throw them out! You can make crunchy, flavorful bagel chips out of the stale bagels! Yes, really! And it’s super easy!! All you do is:
- Slice ‘em
- Drizzle with oil
- Toast them at 350 for 5 or so minutes
- Eat once they’ve cooled!
Easy peasy! Crunchy and delicious! Don’t waste food! You have to try this and let me know what you think in the comments below! And PS – do this with any bread you have! Just season it if it’s not already seasoned. 🙂
Homemade Bagel Chips
- 1 stale everything bagel, cut into slices
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Slice the everything bagel into 1/4 inch slices and lay out in a single row on your counter.
- Drizzle with olive oil until lightly coated.
- Toast at 350 degrees for 4-6 minutes (depending on your toaster).
- Remove from toaster and enjoy! Repeat if you have more than 1 bagel! These last a few days in a sealed container!