I love corn. I love corn. I love corn!! Did I mention I love corn?!
I also really love corn muffins and cornbread. So when I saw this recipe from Once Upon a Chef, I new I had to try it. It’s so good! It has the savory taste of a corn muffin but it’s brightened up lots of lemony flavor and bursting blueberries! This are really the perfect muffin to have for breakfast or a mid-morning snack with a cup of tea.
I had the girls give these a taste as well and they absolutely loved them! I mean, what’s not to like really – perfect flavor all in a perfect little package. The girls will love these in their lunchboxes this week, too!
I make a LOT of muffins, but I want to hear from you! Tell me, what’s your favorite muffin? I’d love to hear in the comments below!
Cornmeal Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with paper liners (don’t skip the liners or the blueberries will stick to the pan) and spray with cooking spray.
- Combine the milk and lemon juice. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Place the blueberries in a small bowl and toss with 1 teaspoon of the flour mixture. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk/lemon mixture, vanilla and lemon zest. Add to the dry ingredients, along with the melted butter. Stir until just blended; and then stir in the blueberries. Do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffin pan, filling each cup very full. Bake for 28 to 30 minutes, or until the tops are set and golden around the edges.
- Cool the muffins for a few minutes in the pan, then serve warm with butter or transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!