Morning Valentine’s day breakfast for my loves! I love a good french toast, especially for a nice holiday. So do my girls! While I normally make it with challah bread (egg bread), today I went for a sweeter brioche. It’s so easy to make, so full of flavor and so deliciously decadent.
This is also a fun breakfast to make with kids. They absolutely love getting their hands messy dunking, flipping and taking the bread out of the egg mixture. Oh, and they also love the maple syrup, chocolate sauce part. But honestly, so do I!
What’s your favorite breakfast? Tell me in the comments below!
Berry Stacked Brioche French Toast
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
- A dash of kosher salt
- 1 large loaf brioche bread, sliced thick
- Butter or cooking spray
- Maple syrup
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Chocolate sauce
- Powdered sugar
- In a large shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Slice the brioche in 3/4-inch thick slices. Soak as many slices in the egg mixture as possible for up to 30 seconds, turning once.
- Heat butter or cooking spray on a griddle pan over medium-low heat. Add the soaked bread and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until nicely browned and cooked through. Cook the remaining soaked bread slices, adding butter/spray as needed, until it’s all cooked.
- To assemble, place 1 slice of french toast on a plate. Drizzle with maple syrup and top with berries. Add another piece of french toast and drizzle with chocolate sauce. Top with more berries and a dusting of powdered sugar. Serve immediately and enjoy!