Some people are french fry people. Some are onion ring people. Personally, I prefer onion rings. That is, until I got an air fryer and started making fries in it! You get that perfectly crunchy on the outside, pillowy-soft on the inside taste with none of the bad-for-you stuff.
French fries are usually an indulgence, but these are good and healthy! They cook up so quickly, clean-up is a breeze and they taste amazing dipped in some good-old-fashioned ketchup.
What’s your favorite thing to eat french fries with? Let me know in the comments below!
Super Easy Air Fryer French Fries
- 3 large Russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Wash and peel the potatoes and slice each one in half. Slice each half lengthwise and then slice each of those halves into french fries. Repeat with each of the potatoes.
- Place pre-cooked fries into a cold water bath (a bowl of frosty water – make sure they’re completely covered) and let them sit for up to an hour.
- Drain the water, and pat fries dry with a paper towel. Toss with a couple tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Preheat air fryer to 375 degrees. Add fries to bottom of air fryer basket making sure they are all on the same level. Cook 13 minutes, until crispy and golden brown. Repeat with remaining cut fries.
- Serve hot with ketchup and enjoy!