A couple of years ago, I had a neighbor who lent me her air fryer when she was traveling. I made a few things in it and thought, well, ok, that was nice. I didn’t understand the hype.
Well, recently, I jumped back into the hype because I’ve been making a lot of chicken wings and wanted a healthier option for cooking them. So I found my way back to the air fryer and bit the bullet getting one of my own. I choose the Cuisinart Digital Air Fryer Toaster Oven.
I’ll tell you, I don’t regret it for one second! I’ve found it to be one of the most versatile kitchen tools. You can make everything from the most basic toast, to the juiciest of chicken (that beautiful picture below) to the crunchiest french fries. I seriously love this thing and I can’t wait to use it every darn day! I know, I know, I’m late to the party but it really is that good!
Watch out as I’ll be posting more recipe using it. And, if you’re not ready to commit to buying one like me (initially), you can definitely still use your oven. Just adjust the preheat and cooking times.
Tell me, what’s your favorite thing to cook in the air fryer? Let me know in the comments below!
Perfect Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 11/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry crushed rosemary
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6-8oz each)
- Combine all ingredients, except chicken, in a shallow baking dish and whisk together.
Add chicken and coat well so it’s all submerged in the mixture. Marinate for at least 30 minutes (overnight is best).
- Preheat air fryer to 350 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken breasts to air fryer and air fry for 18 minutes, turning after 10 minutes.
- After time is complete, remove chicken and place on a plate or cutting board to rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!