Who’s ready for soup season???!!! MEEEEE!!!!
If I had to pick one food I’d eat for the rest of my life, it would be soup. I adore it – it’s so versatile, it can be so healthy and it’s pretty easy to make. Even the longest cooking soups are usually hands off cooking time.
I’ve made a variety of different soups over the years (you can take a look through them all here if you’re looking for dinner inspiration!) but carrot soup is one of my favorites. It takes a while because the carrots need to cook down before you make the actual soup, but I promise you, it’s worth it!
This soup is veggie packed, super easy to make and the only thing you need besides the ingredients is a little extra time. I feel like we all have a little bit more of that these days with the increased time at home…. so make the best of it with this soup!
How do you like to eat your soup? With a big chunk of crusty bread? Piping hot? Room temperature? Let me know in the comments below! Enjoy!!! 🙂
Thai Carrot Curry Soup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 cups chopped carrots, peeled
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1.5 cups celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 3 cups chicken stock
- Heat coconut oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add carrots, onions and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add garlic and curry paste; cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add coconut milk and water (or broth); bring to a simmer over high heat. Adjust heat to maintain a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are very soft, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Puree the mixture with an immersion blender or in batches in a regular blender until smooth.
- Return to the pot, if necessary, and serve hot. Enjoy!
Adapted from: eatingwell.com