When I was shopping for the week this past weekend, I knew I wanted some kind of chicken dish. So when I saw the price of these chicken thighs ($3.71 for 1.5lbs!), I immediately knew I had to make them.
So tonight, I made a super easy dry rub marinade, cooked them up and it was DELICIOUS! I removed the skin, but you can easily keep it on too.
I served mine with couscous and some veggies (we all had some different ones), but you can easily make this gluten free by substituting the grains for more veggies.
I hope you like this as much as we did! Let me know in the comments below!!
Sweet & Spicy Glazed Chicken Thighs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 lbs. boneless, (skinless) chicken thighs (4-5 pieces)
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and some freshly cracked pepper.
- Place the chicken thighs on a cutting board and pat dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle the brown sugar mixture over the chicken, coating both sides liberally.
- Heat a large skillet over medium. Once hot, add the olive oil and swirl to coat. Add the coated chicken and cook for about 5-7 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and the brown sugar has turned into a deep brown glaze.
- Serve immediately with grains (like couscous) or veg of choice (I had broccoli and cauliflower!). Enjoy!