The girls have been begging me for some cookies recently and I thought, well, why not, right? It is summer after all. And to be honest, who doesn’t love a good cookie!
So I made these amazing cookies and OMG guys, they’re so so amazing! Soft with a little crunch, deep flavor but not a lot of work. They’re just dynamite.
I have to admit though, I made a big mistake. Iwas feeling a bit motivated tonight and thought ‘wouldn’t putting ice cream inside of these be a smashing good idea?’ The answer, yes, yes it would. That is, if I had left the cookies to cool before I put the ice cream in. Oops! Oh well!! I’m going to try these again soon and I’ll update the ice cream sandwich photo after I do and I’ll let you all know!
But with that said, these are seriously the best cookies and taste amazing with ice cream. 🙂 I hope you like them as much as I do!
The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies (for Ice Cream Sandwiches!)
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat on medium speed the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about four minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl when necessary. Add the egg and vanilla. Beat until combined, 20 to 30 seconds.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of cookie dough, shape into a ball, and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat placing each ball of cookie dough about 1- to 2-inches apart. Bake for about 12 minutes or until the edges start to turn brown.
- if making ice cream sandwiches with these cookies, make sure to freeze the cooled cookies for 20-30 minutes (otherwise, this is what will happen to your cookies!)! Take one cookie and place a scoop of ice cream (about 1/4 cup) on the flat side of the cookie. Top with flat side of second cookie to make a sandwich. Serve immediately or freeze wrapped individually in plastic wrap. Enjoy!
Recipe from: ifyougiveablondeakitchen.com