The very first meal i ever cooked Trevor over 10 years ago were these stuffed shells with my homemade garlic bread. I think that was the last time I made them though because I quickly found out he doesn’t love Italian food. 🙂 Whoops! And here I thought I was being romantic! Haha!
I was inspired to make them again this weekend and I’m so glad I did because our whole family got to enjoy them. And guess what? THEY ALL LOVED THEM! We started dinner with this broccoli and cheese soup and ended with these shells. Yes, it was a deliciously heavy meal. But I didn’t care. I wanted it and I’m so glad I made it. Man, was this a good one. 🙂
I hope you enjoy these as much as I did! Let me know in the comments below!
Super Easy Homemade Stuffed Shells
- 1 (12 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
- 2 large eggs eggs, beaten
- 1 (32 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 8 ounces grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, ricotta, half the mozzarella, half the Parmesan, parsley, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Stuff cooked shells with ricotta mixture and place in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, stir together pasta sauce and reserved mozzarella and Parmesan. Pour over stuffed shells (I left the top row of shells to be covered only with sauce for the girls – they don’t love the cheese in the sauce! Weird, right?!).
- Bake in preheated oven 45 to 60 minutes, until edges are bubbly and shells are slightly set. Enjoy!
Adapted from: allrecipes.com