I was looking for a vegetarian inspired dinner to make and so I turned to Ali Maffucci of Inspiralized. She has so many vegetarian options that are simple, family-friendly and time/effort easy. Tonight recipe comes straight from her on Instagram with only a few small edits.
I have to say, I absolutely loved this dish. So many people have hesitations about Brussels sprouts but they are so so so yummy when done right. And this one is no exception! It’s crunchy, savory and so fresh. It came together in just under 20 minutes and I ate it along side my Crispy Baked Asian Chicken Tenders. YUMMMMMMY!
And, if you want to make your own pesto, this is my super easy recipe for it. I also swap out pine nuts for walnuts because I prefer the flavor and walnuts are much less expensive.
Walnut Pesto Brussels Sprouts & Corn with Rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 medium onion, diced
- 12 oz shaved brussels sprouts
- 1 cup sweet corn (fresh or frozen)
- 4 oz rice, any kind (I used white Jasmine)
- 1/2 cup pesto (homemade or store-bought)
- In a large pot, heat oil. Stir in garlic and onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the Brussel sprouts and stir. Cook for 5 minutes and add corn. Mix and let cook for another 5 minutes, or until veggies have softened (while sprouts are cooking, make rice according to packaging) .
- Mix in the cooked rice to veggies and stir in pesto. Toss and enjoy immediately!
Slightly adapted from: Inspiralized on Instagram