Tonight’s dinner is a fun and healthy new way to jazz up chicken. I know, I know, it sounds so basic. But it’s anything but! The flavors are delicious, the time it takes to make is faster than take-out and if I’m being honest, it’s a pretty looking dish! We do eat with our eyes and all….!
This is one of those dinners that has everything you need right in one pan – the protein, the veg, the substance. The girls and Trevor absolutely loved this and I was really surprised since it has a lot of cauliflower. But, it worked so you won’t hear a peep out of me!
Do your kids struggle to eat veggies? What veggie dishes do you make them that they like? Let me know in the comments below!
Teriyaki Chicken & Cauliflower Skillet
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1” cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small cauliflower head, chopped into small florets
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar and garlic; whisk to combine. Add chicken and mix well to coat. Set aside.
- Warm oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add cauliflower, cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside once al dente.
- Return skillet to the stove and cook chicken (drain sauce, but reserve it to make a marinade) for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, mix water and cornstarch together until dissolved. Stir into leftover chicken marinade and add to skillet with chicken. Cover, reduce heat to low and let cook for about 4-5 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat, add previously cooked cauliflower and stir.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy!
Adapted from: ifoodreal.com