Do you love eating chicken Marsala at your favorite restaurant? I do! But, we’re not currently going out to eat these days. I’ve made a slower-cooking version of this which is so good. But tonight, I needed dinner quickly! So, this is my quick and super easy (I mean super easy – you microwave the sauce!) way of making it.
Typically, Chicken Marsala has mushrooms. But, do you hate mushrooms like me? I just left them out! But, you can easily add them back in. Just throw them in the skillet before cooking the chicken until they start to soften. Then keep going with the recipe as is! Enjoy!
Quick & Easy Chicken Marsala
- 1/2 cup Marsala
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 (6oz) boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine Marsala, cornstarch, Italian seasoning and salt. Whisk until blended. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Dredge chicken in breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes per side or until done.
- Meanwhile, microwave Marsala mixture on high for 30 seconds or until thickened. Pour over chicken and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Adapted from: All New Complete Cooking Light Cookbook