Summer in a bowl! Bright lemony flavors. Crunchy fresh broccoli and cheesy spaghetti round out the perfect dinner for the entire family!
Tonights dinner came together so quickly – in just 20 minutes! Its fresh, delicious and super easy to make. It just screams summer when you see it and it tastes absolutely amazing when you eat it. Dish up a bowl tonight for your friends or family. Everyone will love it and you’ll love how easy it is to make!
Lemony Broccoli Pasta
- 1 pound dried spaghetti
- 4 to 5 cups broccoli florets (from about 2 heads)
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Finely grated zest of 1 medium lemon
- Juice of 1 medium lemon
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions until al dente. Two minutes before the pasta is ready, add the broccoli. Meanwhile, place the Parmesan, olive oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking liquid, then drain the pasta and broccoli. Return the pasta and broccoli to the pot. Add the Parmesan mixture and peas and toss to combine, adding the reserved cooking liquid 1/4 cup at a time as needed to moisten.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed. Serve with additional Parmesan. Enjoy!
Recipe from: thekitchn.com