Every time I go to the supermarket, I debate fresh vs. frozen fish. I’ve tried it with salmon a few times with different brands and I can honestly say fresh is absolutely the better tasting choice.
But, with white fish, like cod or tilapia, I’ve yet to taste the difference. So, I buy it in large bags in the frozen section and I can have fish on hand whenever I need it.
Tonight was one of those days I needed it. I’m getting fed up with chicken, I’m off beef and I’m bored of vegetarian. So, fish solves all my problems when I get like this. 🙂
This is a super easy, super delicious way. Just like all the other ways I’ve made tilapia, this one is a great weeknight dinner too!
Lemon Butter Tilapia
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 small cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, or more, to taste
- 4 (4-ounce) tilapia fillets
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly oil a 9×13 baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice; set aside.
- Season tilapia with salt and pepper, to taste and place onto the prepared baking dish. Drizzle with butter mixture.
- Place into oven and bake until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10-12 minutes. Serve immediately, garnished with green onions, if desired. Enjoy!